Saturday, March 19, 2011

Le Tourneau

Saturday night 8 interns from LeTourneau college in Texas arrived.  They have designed a jig to help us assemble the Maverick in production, and are here to put it together for us.  I do not remember all their names, I meet about a dozen or more people everyday and the fact that I am terrible with remembering names already doesn’t help any.  I suppose that if I worked with them it might help, but I mostly work on my own.  When we do hang out together, we have a blast.  
I arrived home after taking down wedding decorations and setting up the auditorium at church.  It was about 1:30 am by which time everyone else was asleep, so I didn’t meet them properly till well after church Sunday.  As I walked though the offices and my bedroom, I realized that no one was sleeping in the RV or down in the Life University building, which is where I thought they were sleeping.  One of them was in a hammock outside, 3 were down stairs in the offices, and 4 were in my bedroom.  That was the easy night.  The next day EVERYONE decided to sleep upstairs except for the guy in the Hammock.  This made being the last one in bed a little difficult.
I normally workout with Jesse on Monday nights but he was not able to, so I went to the YMCA in Ocala to workout up there.  To my delight, Monday night is Volleyball night. I changed plans.  I haven’t played Volleyball since October, and I didn’t know how well these people played. It wasn’t a league, we just subbed in and out and played.  I had a blast, I love Volleyball, and wish that I could play a lot more.
Since most of you who read this are my family, you know that I am pretty tall, for those of you who don’t know me, I am 6 ft 3 in.  I myself use to think that I was tall, that is, of course, until I met Kevin.  Kevin is one of the interns here for the week and stands a neck creaking 6ft 10in high.  He stands head and shoulders above all of us, and has to duck to get through most doorways.  I must say, I was shocked to see him climb into the front seat of the Maverick and not have his chin on his knees.
I am suppose to start night flying for my next lesson, but we have to get some things for the plane before we can do that, I think that I am supposed to help Jesse to that this week, hopefully.  I flew yesterday and today, but my instructor is supposed to be gone tomorrow so I will have to wait till Thursday to fly again.  It sounds funny how much I love to fly, I can hardly wait to get back in the air.  I was only able to fly once last week, and having to wait for another week before going up again was far too long.  I even texted Jesse after church on Sunday trying to get him to go up with me in the RV-10, but he couldn’t. (I must say, dad, I don’t know how you were ever able to quit flying. :) ) I cant wait to finally be able to go up on my own.  I am still waiting on the FAA for my medical certificate before I can fly solo, I have been ready for quite some time now.  Please pray that God would expedite my medical certificate through the FAA.
I love you all so much and really appreciate your financial support and your prayers.  Thanks so much, have a wonderful day,


Your brother in Christ,

Austin


   

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome Austin! I LOVE it that you are getting to fly! Love, Hannah

    ReplyDelete