Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Trips

I wrote this blog on Sunday, but the internet has not been working on my computer for some reason and i have not been able to post it, so here it is anyway.


I first must apologize for not posting a blog in so long.  So much happens here it is hard to know what to write about, not to mention finding time to do it.  It has been crazy, as usual, and hard to find time for anything other than work, I didn’t even get to have a flying lesson for a week. 
            Second, I have a very exciting announcement, my nephew was born this morning in TN, I cant wait to see him.  I stay the night in Ocala on Saturdays at Jamie’s house since I go to church with him, and I got a text really early this morning telling me.  I cant say that I slept much, I have problems falling asleep sometimes, and last night was one of those nights, but this night had a slight twist to it.  Jamie’s 2 year old, identical twins, Lilly and Chloe, decided that they fancied night time strolls around the house.  On several occasions their parents had to come out and put them back in bed.  I must have drifted off at least a few times because a few times I had never heard them come into the living room and just woke up with them in there.  The second time this happened, I awoke to one of their faces about 6 inches from mine.  I was afraid to move incase it scared them, they were already in bed when I got to the house, I almost immediately regretted this act of kindness when the one staring me in the face sneezed.
            Steve left this morning in ITEC’s RV 10, he and another guy that is on our board, are flying to Lynchburg, VA today and several other places on the way back.  They are suppose to be back on Wednesday.  I almost got to go, Steve asked me if I wanted to yesterday evening, and I of course said yes, but after he made a few phone calls with the people that were housing us, it turned out I wouldn’t be able to, maybe next time.  One of the organizations that they are going to speak at is JAARs, an aviation organization that I looked up when I was still in school, I don’t really remember much about them, but it would have been nice to meet some people in the organization, I have been looking at the requirements of each organization. 
            And speaking of trips, I will be visiting the Village next week for my moms wedding!  I am very excited, and ready to see everyone, it has been a long 2 ½ months, and this was a short leg I am afraid, after this visit I am not sure when I will be able to go up there.  The plan is to leave here Friday after work and drive through the night.  So I should arrive Saturday morning about the same time that my brother-in-law’s coffee shop opens, a very good place to make a stop after driving all night :)
            Most of this week will be spent working on getting to a good stopping point on my projects, the main one is getting the Maverick building ready to move into.  Lord willing it will be done by the time I leave Friday, at least done enough to move into.  Also, there is a few things that I need to do on my car to get it ready for a trip, some of which I did tonight. 
            I am looking forward to seeing everyone at home.  Thank you all for your prayers and support, it has gotten me through these past couple of months.

Your brother in Christ,

Austin

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting It is so great to hear each
    step of your journey. Even the sneeze :)

    ReplyDelete