Wednesday, December 15, 2010

The Adventure Begins

The Adventure has begun!  These past three days I been working on the building next door where we will be putting together Mavericks, we call it “Maverick Assembly Building” (MAB)  There is plenty to do over there and it is pretty high on the priority list to get done so pray that we don’t run into too many difficulties.  Also, we are waiting for the power company to run the electricity pray for speed on that too.
This morning, I was awoken by a phone call from my mom telling me that I had to call someone from the Jackson Sun.  Apparently when my mom sent out an email asking for support for me, they were on the list and said they wanted to interview me.  It was quite a way to start your day, I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone:)  Once I actually managed to get out of bed, I called the reporter.  His name was Jessie, we scheduled a time for him to call me back and went to work.  He did call me later and I think it went alright.  He wanted pictures of me flying, so Troy and I went flying for about half an hour this after noon.  At about 2,000 feet we could see the Gulf Coast, and he said that if we went to 4,000 feet we could see both coasts, but we didn’t go that hi.  I had a blast flying, nothing like it at all.
Troy also took me to meet Charlie, my instructor, today, we walked over there, picked up some homework to do, and walked back.  He works in the hangar next door to us.  It is really exciting finally starting all this, God has been good to me.  Charles said that he would give me lessons for $30 an hour plus fuel.  Fuel was $4.01 last checked but it changes like all fuel does.  The Cessna 150 I will be training in burns about 5 gallons an hour while cruising, but more during actually lessons cause of maneuvers and practices in landing and take offs. So roughly it will cost me about $55-$60 minimum per hour to train.   
 Jonathan and I met some friends for a Christmas party tonight. Actually, I met most of the people last time I was here, but it was great actually spending time with everyone.  There are 19 year old twin brothers that I got to know last time I was here named Matthew and Mitchell, they live about 5 minutes from here.  Matthew works here on his days off doing video editing and stuff, but works at a Chick-fil-A in the Mall in Ocala for his job.  Mitchell works in the same Mall making cookies.  They are going to come over later this week to hang out with Jonathan and me.  We had to wait in the Mall for about an hour till Mitchell got off work because he was bringing cookies to the party and he was the only one who knew where the party was.
            Steve is out of town in Oklahoma till Thursday so be praying for him.  For those of you who didn’t know, Nathanael’s family drove down with me and got to meet Steve and Ginny.  We had dinner with him Saturday night, got a tour of itec with him, went to church, had lunch and then when we got back to itec, he took us all for a ride in the Maverick.  We didn’t fly, just drove, everyone had a blast.  Steve and Ginny treated all the kids like they were their own grandkids.  Amara, Maria, Auna, and Naqi, rode with them everywhere. 
Steve has a lot of great insights about the mission field, some of them are similar to thoughts I have had, but mine are just thoughts.  He has been everywhere and so he has seen it and handled it, I have just read stuff about it.  I am going to learn tons from him, I think that is one of the reasons that I am here, to learn how to be a missionary from Steve.  I am going to read his book about it when I finish the one I am reading now.  I am so grateful to God that he brought me here.  He and Ginny are trying to come to at least part of the wedding, I think he said that he has to speak at a school on the 27th or something like that, but I think he plans on coming just to make sure I come back here, he said something about sending an armed guard to make sure I come backJ  Pray that God would let him come to the village.
            Thank you all so much for praying for me and for your support.  God Bless

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's exciting about the article! Can't wait to read it! Glad everything is going well. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good post. That would be really neat if Steve could come to the Village. Have fun flying!

    ReplyDelete