Saturday, December 18, 2010

First Week

I have just finished my first week here at itec, it has been a pretty good week I think.  I have spent most of the time working on getting the MAB building ready to insulate and put walls and ceiling on.  There is a family coming during the week between Christmas and New Years to help with the construction.  As I understand it, it is a pretty large family and they all do construction work as a ministry.  I haven’t met them yet, but I plan to call them next week to work out some details about the building.  I am pretty sure they have done some work for itec in the past.

There is an intern that might be moving down here with me and Jonathan named Ryan.  He has been here for about two weeks longer than I have, but he lives about 45 minutes away.  I think he is tired of making the drive so he is going to possibly move in.  He is going to college to be an engineer.  He took a year off college actually, and I think he plans to start back in the summer.

Steve is Back from out of town, it was great to see him here today. Most everyone is gone for the holidays so it has been very quiet and not a ton happening. So it was great to see him back.  There is a guy named Rowland that helped me this afternoon layout the ceiling in the MAB and mark out where the vents are going in the ceiling.  He is downstairs talking to Jonathan right now who is working on something for the Maverick.

Troy and I went flying for about a half hour the other day, we had a blast.  At about 2,000 feet we could see the Gulf Coast and Troy said that at 4,000 feet you could see both coasts, but we never went that high.  Troy is one of the test pilots for the Maverick, and he helps things stay moving around here.  He let me fly for a little while, it was awesome, I loved every second of it.  Just being so high off the ground, so close to the heavens, it was awesome and I cant wait till I can do that on my own.

My instructor gave me a few chapters to read and I have to go watch some DVDs at his hangar. Once the chapters are read, the DVDs watched, and the Cessna 150 is fixed then we will start flying.  The parts for the Cessna come in early next week so hopefully we can start flying mid to late next week. All in God’s timing.

Thanks everyone for praying for Steve while he was out of town, he is really busy and needs all the prayers he can get.  I am also grateful for your prayers, I couldn’t survive here without your prayers and support, thanks so much, God Bless

Your brother in Christ,

Austin

2 comments:

  1. sounds like you are really doing your dream!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Austin this is Amara it sounds like you are having a lot of fun i miss you so much and cant wait to see you again i love you
    Love, Amara

    Hi Austin this is Joy We enjoyed reading your blog and feeling all the excitement you must feel up close to the heavens, Say Hi to Lynn if you see him. LOve you, Joy

    ReplyDelete