Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Week Two

This post is a little late, i wrote it Monday, but wasn't able to get it online till just now. will write more soon
Today was the start of week two, and it started off with a bang.  I had heard that there were 15 people staying in the guest house Sunday and Monday night this week but I didn’t know just how much I would see them if at all.  So I start my day as normal and after grabbing my over-shirt and tape measure I run into Jamie, Steve’s son, at the bottom of the stairs.  I met him at the Global Missions Health Conference in November and also during my visit two weeks ago, but not at all since I moved here.  After hugging him, I look and see people pouring out of the door Jamie had just walked through, it was the 15 people staying the night at the guest house here to do some video recording with Steve Saint.  Well I didn’t know that yet, I just said hi and went to work. 1 hour later I was walking through the offices heading upstairs to my room to look up a few things online, when Jonathan asked me if I knew what was happening up stairs, I had been outside for the past hour and didn’t know that anything was happening.  I walked into my room to see half a dozen college students ironing a huge sheet on the floor.  They were going to shoot some footage up there and needed a white background.  There was still just a little room for me to work at my computer so I did and got to meet a few of the students.  Some were interested in the mission field and were already making efforts in that direction and some have already been overseas.  After I got what I needed, I went down stairs to make some phone calls and talk to Steve and Jesse.  All in all it took about 30 minutes, I headed back upstairs to find a new bedroom. My bed was turned sideways and everything that was on the table was now on my bed, the sheet was hung from a pole frame, and lights were everywhere. There couldn’t have been a shadow in the whole room.  I grabbed my computer and made a run for the conference room, where I was shortly joined by Steve and two other people going over some stuff about the footage they were shooting.  There was a serious lack of peace and quiet:)  
            So that was just the side I had to directly deal with.  I was informed as I walked into the office that the help that is coming down to help with construction for a week or two is not coming next week like we thought, they are coming Wednesday.  This changes my plans a bit,  I was planning on buying materials and getting a bunch of projects lined up for them, during the week.  Well I didn’t get that time, and several other smaller problems occurred, but small problems cause hold ups in one way or another, and they add up quick.  I ended up calling the dad of the Family, he has 10 kids and they all pretty much do construction.  The guys were telling me that when they were last here, the oldest boy was 15 and he was incredible.  There was an 11 year old hanging from the rafters screwing up drywall.  So now the oldest is 20 or 21and i am not sure of the youngest, but the dad said that the oldest 5 can pump out some work.  I really am looking forward to meeting and working with them.  So at the end of the day even with all the problems I was able to get a lot done, well a lot lined up, I didn’t do any real labor, so I am not sure I could say that I was working.
            As far as flight school goes, Jesse talked to a guy today that is going to be here Wednesday and Thursday to fix the Cessna 150, so that is one step closer!!  Thanks so much for all your prayers and support.  I love and miss everyone,

Austin

No comments:

Post a Comment