Wednesday, December 8, 2010

A New Chapter in my Life

          To those of you who have never met me.  My name is Austin Park, I am 20 years old and about to move to Florida to start training as a missionary pilot. I have dreamed of going to the mission field since I was very young when I first read the biographies of Jim Elliott and Nate Saint, a missionary pilot.  Plus, my dad was a pilot so that also got me interested in flying.  Due to several heart issues I was born with I never thought I would be able to fly, but against all odds God made it happen.  I met Steve Saint (Nate Saint's son) at the Global Missions Health Conference in Louisville, KY 2010 where he invited me to join his team at itec to help with the construction of a few buildings and also learn to fly.  The full story of that encounter will eventually be put up here but I want to do it justice, so I am taking my time writing it.  He told me that I should come down for a week-long visit and meet everyone, make sure we all like each other, and to make sure this is what God wanted for me. So last week, 11/29- 12/3, I worked alongside them and we felt God calling me to move there, not only to help, but also to prepare me to be a missionary.  I will be overseeing the construction of two buildings and possibly a third later next year.  My original plan was to move down in the spring after my moms wedding, but they tried not to let me come home and just stay down there. I told them I needed to come home to raise support, so they let me come home for one week.  I am moving this Saturday at 4am.

Living there will be similar to living as a missionary in the field. I will live off of support from other people while I train. Any support you can offer will be very much appreciated. Thank you and God bless you!

2 comments:

  1. We will all be praying for you Austin! You are an inspiration to me. Thanks for waiting on God. May God bless you in your time with I-tec and far into the future

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our hearts and prayers and with you, Austin. This is no small step of faith God has asked you to take. Incredible. That you would move so quickly, in response to God asking you, is a wonderful thing (shows a heart given to HIM!) .....I believe he will bless you greatly! Just as He gave you abundantly more than you could ask or think with this opportunity, so He will do so in taking care of you (providing your support).
    It was a privilege for me to be able to be with you a couple of times this week, Austin. Thanks so much for going with me to take those boys to the Selmer Airport. Glad you got to meet Chris, and see the place, since you will surely soon be flying in to Selmer "solo" before too long.
    I know I got more vision today, about the world of aviation, and the avenues God may be opening up for us. I'm reminded of David Kirkwood challenging us years ago to ask God for a jet; something that we can fill up and go wherever in the world He leads us to go! Well, that's a little easier to see now, with you going through the doors you're going through. Wow,the excitement is big in my heart, just thinking of what you are embarking on; it must be uncontainable for you. :) Blessings, prayers, and a promise to not forget you (or your needs!). Much love ~ Hashachar

    ReplyDelete