Monday, December 13, 2010

The Working of God's Hands

It is a strange thing to move away from everything and everyone that you have known your whole life to face an unknown for an indefinite amount of time. Yet, it is an adventure I eagerly undertake, and I look forward to the new experiences.
           God has brought me this far and throughout these past weeks, especially, I have watched as I make plans and God makes His own, much better plan. Believe it or not, I have enjoyed watching Him smash my plan to bits and reveal His.
          
One such plan, was to move around spring time, after my mom gets married.  I thought that would be nice and logical.  I would have plenty of time to raise support, spend time with my friends, continue to work and have a little saved up, and to pay off some small debt. God however decided to move me two and a half months early, and allow me to go to the wedding, and fulfilling a goal that I considered impossible only a month ago. That goal was to start training to be a pilot before the year was out. I set that goal in mid/late January this year.  There are several stories just like it, but perhaps for another time.
I arrived home from i-tec Sunday morning with 6 days to raise support, say good bye to my friends, and move.  And as pretty much everyone knows, when you move, there are plenty of loose ends to tie up.  Well I have been in that mode of tying up loose ends when a couple loose ends started to unravel to cause worse problems.  One was an electric bill that I had from my last house.  My two friends (Daniel and Joel) and I had an envelope that we would put money in every week for the electric bill, so when I moved, I told them to just use that money to cover my part.  Well they ended up moving about the same time I did, so in the confusion of all three of us moving, the envelope got lost.  So the day before I leave, I got a text telling me that I had to pay my portion of the bill.  I also had my car insurance which just went up because I am moving to Florida and my policy had to change.  I was suppose to pay both of those and somehow get to Florida, and survive, and I really didn’t have the money for any of that.  Also, my car was running pretty rough and I was a bit worried about it.
But God was there for me and moved the obstacles with a sweep of His hand.  Just when all this was starting to overwhelm me, Joel called me and told me that he was going to cover my part of the bill because he knew that I was cutting it close on this trip.  Only hours later, someone donated $1,250 so I was able to pay for gas to get down here and hopefully start training right away.  And if that wasn’t enough, for some reason they are not starting the new policy payments till next month so I have a little time to raise more support.
All week God has been working on building my faith, and teaching me to lean on Him.  He has moved so much stuff around all week, it would take me so much time to write it all down and this post is already pretty long.  I thank all of you for your prayers, we had a very safe trip down here and my car ran wonderfully.  I am so grateful to God for getting me here, I could never have done it with out Him.  To Him be the Glory!     

1 comment: